Martinho da Gloria of Automatication in New Zealand produces some extremely useful scripts for InDesign. Martinho authored the fabulous LayoutZone script that turns InDesign page elements into linked InDesign files that can be edited outside of the parent document.
Martinho’s upcoming release, MultiFindChange, is an essential bit of gear for anyone who regularly works with text files of any size…dirty text files that are emitted by people or algorithms that just don’t understand the first thing about what a layout artist needs in a text file…text that needs to be cleaned up with multiple Find & Change operations to remove extra spaces, carriage returns, straight quotes, fix calendar dates, etc.
Multi-Find/Change main features:
- Manage Find/Change queries in sets (folders)
- Exports set into a self contain file (xml)
- Import set (from xml file)
- Share set (xml file) over network.
- Easy way to backup queries
- Adds comments to query files
- Renames query files
- Deletes query files
- Load query into InDesign Find/Change editor
- Adobe InDesign CS4 (Mac or Windows).
- Adobe InCopy CS4 (Mac or Windows).